Austinville Winter Solstice Pizza Festival
June 18 @ 12:00 pm - 6:00 pm AEST
- Two musical acts will be knocking out great sounds from the Hall’s verandah: 1) Felicity Lawless duo: see more; 2) Jack O’Leary duo (of the MunsterBucks): see more
- Bring along picnic blanket and cushions – we’re going to be on the lawn. Feel free to bring along a gazebo, but it will need to be placed by garden, to not obscure others’ view.
- Absolutely do bring whatever liquid refreshments you might need.
- There are 2 basic types of ticket: “with access to pizzas”, or “without access to pizzas”.
- If you buy the ‘music but no pizza’ ticket, we welcome you bringing your own grand festival picnic.
- If buying the full ‘music + pizza’ ticket, please recognise that pizza slices will arrive steadily from the pizza oven through the afternoon. It won’t be an ‘eat all in one go’ affair. We’ll be grazing, as that’s the way a pizza oven works! If you want, you could bring a ‘tide me over’ snack or two. Pizza bases + toppings will be provided, but if you’re keen on a particular topping, or want a gluten free base, feel free to bring along.
- We’d love you to get your hands dirty creating your own fabulous pizza, or have a go at manoeuvring the long-handled spatula used to twist your pizza creation as it cooks. It’s a festival – so let’s make fun!
- Mid-afternoon pizza hat parade. No decent self-respecting festival is complete without a parade – right? So, all attendees will be encouraged to participate in a grand march around the hall, parading a homemade pizza hat. The march will be led by the Republic of Austinville flag bearer, sweeping in front of the verandah, affording the 3 seated judges with an elevated view. Large hamper baskets will be awarded to: 1) best pizza hat worn by girl or lady, 2) best pizza hat worn by boy or man. While colours, knobbly bits and an appetising look will feature in the hat judging criteria, it would be naive to think that size doesn’t matter.
- Bring along your guitar, ukulele, violin, tambourine, harmonica, castanets, grand piano or whatever. There will be a fire-side jamming session for anyone willing to give it a go towards the end of the afternoon (after you’ve had a drink … or two!).
- Dancing and games on the lawn.
- We want our pizza oven to have a name. So, at the festival there will be a “name our pizza oven” competition. So, remove your pizza hat for a bit and put your thinking hat on.
SCHEDULE OF ACTIVITIES
Midday: Festival Opens
12:30 – 1:15: Felicity Lawless duo plays music from verandah
1:30 – 2:15: Jack O’Leary duo plays music from verandah
2:30 – 3:00: Pizza hat parade
3:15 – 4:00: Felicity Lawless duo plays music from verandah
4:15 – 5:00: Jack O’Leary leads jamming session around hall’s fire pit
5:00 – onward: Let’s keep the fireside jamming going